In 2014, I was diagnosed with two autoimmune conditions. I quickly realized that conventional medicine wasn't going to offer me any long-term, sustainable solutions.
I knew I had to radically change my life. I committed to a number of on-going self-care practices, diving deep into the relationship I held with myself as a whole and working with varied holistic practitioners. Two years later, I was free of prescription medications—and both diagnoses were in remission.
I believe that illness and disease are our bodies way of telling us we’re out of alignment. If we choose to heed the call, we are given the opportunity to listen, shift, and heal.
I consider my path to radical self-care the greatest gift in my life. I have reclaimed my health and well-being, and now I want to help others do the same.
- Rachael McGrath, owner
I am a functional medicine health coach, certified yoga teacher, and self-care guide based out of the beautiful Boise, Idaho. I partner with individuals and groups in a client-centered process to support health and well-being in all aspects of life, including:
- Self-empowerment and self-actualization
I believe the relationships we hold with ourselves creates the foundation for our behavior.
I help people draw on internal strengths, deepen self-knowledge, and embrace strategies to better manage their day-to-day health through a philosophy of radical self-care.
Radical self-care is a nurturing, nourishing process of uncovering and discovering. It invites the body, mind, and spirit to participate in the process of healing.
Radical self-care can help you:
- Nurture your sense of self, every day.
- Connect and trust your own innate wisdom.
- Reclaim your health and your choices. Your answers lie within you.
- Stay with what's uncomfortable in order to process and heal. This is self-compassion in action.
- Choose curiosity and courage over what's familiar.
- Find a greater sense of joy and alignment in your everyday experience.